12 January 2009

The Casual Tortoise



Last Saturday, I sold my little silver Mazda's camper to some fellow Craigslisters. Now, the Casual Tortoise seems naked and homeless. I forget how sprightly she drove-something like a newly shorn sheep-or mountain goat. Perhaps one day she get another house to carry on her back, but for now, the little lady needs the rest. No need for back trouble at the tender age of 5-years.
I've been reading Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck. It's better than I thought it would be-actually it's quite hilarious and should be read, and re-read, and canonized lest we forget what the Land of the Brave used to be like.
Another book I finished over the week-end was the second novel in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. There's a fellow called Ba'alzemon who coincidentally dies on page 666. Don't know if this was planned or not, but it's still freaky.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Jason, the Wheel of Time series is my all time favorite. I have read all 11 books numerous times and am currently getting ready to finish the series again before the final book comes out next week.

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

Sometime I plan on reading all 11 too. Soon as I get time.