• BS or MS in biosciences or related field
--I have a bachelor's degree in biology.
• A minimum of 1-3 years experience in a research setting
• Significant experience working with small animals
--I have spent many a time working with small vermin.
• Experience in cell cultures and cell- based assays highly desirable
--I have never been in a jail cell, so have little direct experience here. Assays? Yes, I think I do have some skill at writing assays.
• Experience with gel electrophoresis and immunoblotting a plus
I read my old college biology textbook. Does that count?
• Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
--My 1st job as a cook in a Mexican restaurant has prepared me quite well for employment in a dynamic team environment. As a matter of fact, it was so dynamic, half the time I didn't even know the people I was working with.
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
--I am a stranger in a strange land. As a grade A introvert in a city, I fit this description to a tee.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
--I communicate very well except when I have to talk, then my voice gets mysteriously scratchy. I have an amazing ability to organize anything. Finding where I put it is another thing altogether.
• Must demonstrate good computer skills
--I have a blog and spent way too much time reading letsrun.com and cnn.com.