21 March 2012

Running

Running is hard.

No doubt about it.

I ran 7 miles today and coughed nearly the entire way. I'm training for a marathon see. Twenty-six miles and 385 yards on foot on pavement through downtown Seattle in June. I have been running and walking for a minimum of 1 hour/day. Believe it or not, I've not lost any weight. This is somewhat a mystery to me as I only eat twice a day.

Tomorrow I've a doctor's appointment to see if I have hypothyroidism. This is an underactive thyroid gland. Some symptoms include low red blood cell count, high cholesterol, depression, lethargy (like you're living at 15,000 feet altitude), and a very low metabolism. I hope this isn't the case, but if it is, it certainly is not the end of the world.

It's also the first day of spring. I can tell because yesterday I saw the first dead snake in the road for this year. Dead reptiles are generally how people in Virginia tell when Old Man Winter goes north for the next 9 months.

No comments: