01 April 2012

Art requires movement

Art requires movement.

Muses are carnivorous beasts who only strike at moving targets. They're like sharks, and to borrow a Woody Allen quote, (who compares sharks to relationships), they must keep moving forward lest they die.

One's calling in Life is like this too. People must do what they love because of their love for doing it. Doing something for money is to worship Mammon and will lead to an early grave. Besides, it is a rare person who can do something with excellence when money is the only goal.

In other news: the synthetic thyroid hormone I've been taking for the past ten days has given me more energy, a slight improvement in my appetite, and my skin is a bit smoother as well. Yesterday I went on a 6 hour hike on the Appalachian Trail and felt good. Normally I would feel completely exhausted and sleep 12 hours straight like someone in a coma. So, things are definitely looking up.



This is a map of yesterday's hike. I parked at the Humpback Rocks Visitor Center, which has it's own pet raven lurking around the parking area eating tidbits from visitors, and proceeded south for 6 miles.



There is also a farm from the 1890s by the visitor's center. This is one of the restored houses.

No comments: