25 April 2012

An Experiment in Carrots

"The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution."
--Paul Cezanne

A wave of inspiration hit me today. An abstract wave, not a concrete aqueous one. I decided to start a revolution. Why? Umm..it’s a nice day out so,…I gathered many spices and herbs. Baptised them in olive oil. Mixed the solution with chopped carrots and baked them at 400 degrees. Twenty minutes later I burnt approximately 757 epithelial cells (commonly called taste buds…and in Mennonite Ville Central Virginia…taste friends) while tasting them.

On a scale of 1-5, with 1 being absolutely horrid and 5 being manna-from-heaven-delicious, I would give them the tangent of 74…in other words a B+.

Pre-herbed carrots.

Random Carrot Fact #1 The Spanish word for carrot is zanahoria, which also means nerd.

All the players
Mixed herbs and spices. I find it is best to use a tin can that was once used to store green tea. And if it has a picture of Jack Casady impersonating Buddha...so much better. (Atmosphere you know)






The final product. Note: I prefer to cook using cast iron skillets. The theory being when you cook, iron molecules are transferred from the skillet to the food, thus increasing the healthiness factor.

Random Carrot Fact #2 If cows eat too many carrots their milk tastes bitter.

No comments: