05 September 2007

Last week's Lunar Eclipse

Outside the window, I could see the full moon peering down at me like an old man. As the night grew long, it traveled from the left side of the window to the right. So you can imagine my surprise when at 5AM, I walked outside and noticed half of it missing.

AWOL.

Since I don't use drugs and felt fine physically, I figured it was either a lunar eclipse or the Day of the Lord. I remembered on the DofL, the moon would be turned to blood or at least an ashy-red color, and seeing as how La Luna appeared greyish-purple, I did not worry.

I went to Wal-Mart to not celebrate the end of the world and pick up a few things: Aquafina, Pepto, pop-tarts, 4 small bottles of some energy drink processed in a New Jersey chemical factory, and then noticed the moon completely gone. Nobody else in the parking lot seemed to notice the disappearance of our nearest heavenly orb, which is rather telling about modern American Society.

We need to get out more. By out, I mean outside.

1 comment:

Peter Brown said...

I totally forgot about.

Life with children is odd. 10:00 is a late night for me these days.