13 May 2007

12,190 days old and counting

Make that 12,190. . .I like even numbers. As odd as that may be. Unless they're prime numbers. . .small prime numbers. Like 7 or 3. Sometimes 11 amuses me, but I always feel like I'm missing something.

The Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic shows that the primes are the building blocks of the positive integers: every positive integer is a product of prime numbers in one and only one way. I do not know how that works right off hand, so don't make me explain it to you. I need a nap.

232582657-1<----- This, btw, is the largest known prime number.

(This should be 2 to the 32582657th power minus 1)

2 comments:

Leah said...

Happy 12,190th Day, Jason! Thanks for your blog encouragement. Hope you enjoy the Spring weather and prime counting!

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

I love Spring weather. Summer is my prime time though.