22 May 2007

No Doubt about it

OK.

I don't want anyone to think I'm a heretic, but lately I've been having some doubts.

I know, I know.

"Jason, you weren't raised like this."

You're right. I wasn't. Still, every once in a while, in the back of my mind, there's this gnawing sensation. . .an empty feeling. . .something in the pit of my stomach.

And. . .and. . .it, well. . .makes me uncomfortable. This nothingness. This void.

I want to believe. I truly do. But at times-it's hard.

Again, don't get me wrong. I'm not losing my beliefs. I mean, I know it's true. Why would there be so many adherents if it were not?

There's the crowds, the filled stadiums. This transcendence of cultures, that warm fuzzy feeling you get from being next to your fellow man week by week. The bonding. The sharing. Sometimes there's even. . .tears.

Still.

Still. . .(and this is hard to admit), but. . .

Does anybody else have this nagging feeling that. . .

Professional Wrestling is not quite everything it seems to be???

Anybody???

2 comments:

Peter Brown said...

Bring back Hacksaw Jim Duggins and I'll tune back... Nobody else made a 2x4 look so cool!

J Crew said...

The Ultimate Warrior was the best. I think those guys were totally fighting and I don't think they ever used steroids