31 March 2006

State of the Obvious

Tomorrow is the race. I think I'm prepared.

States I've been to (35): Rhode Island, Conneticut, New York, Massachuttes, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia (my home state), Maryland, Virginia (current state), Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Montana, Washington, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Missouri, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Minnesota, California, Hawaii, Wisconsin, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, and the District of Columbia.

States I've yet to go to (15): Alaska, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Delaware (I might have been here), Colorado, Iowa, South Dakota, Alabama, and Wyoming.

Countries I've been to: United States, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, India, Nepal, the Tibetan Autonomous region of China (sort of), Thailand, the United Arab Emirates

Today was another go-to-the-grocery-store-and-buy-food day. Food Lion has scan your own stuff registers. You simply scan your own stuff, pay, and leave. And if you use a debit card, you can get cash back from your checking account and leave it right at the scanner for all the world to see like me. (Fortunately, I recovered it in time.)

God's given me time to write. So I write. What to write about? Hmmm.....I need a topic for my JRN 615 final. Let's see. Something about dating, women, men, loneliness, tribal warfare in Burundi, rising gold prices in Sierra Leone, Leona Helmsely, Jesse Helms, Helmut Kohl, Kohls (the store), the store, the weather, the Band, band-aids, AIDS, aide-de-camps, camping (I haven't camped in ages), the age of the Earth, Earth Wind and Fire, more bands, bandanas, Antonio Banderas, Spanish words, Chihuahua, the little Chihuahua staring at me at the traffic light from the Honda looking for tacos yesterday, days, ages, Ice Ages (I think there was only one, btw), old age, the 255 year old turtle that died this week in India, Indiana, Indians, Injun Joe, Tom Sawyer, Sawyer Brown, Cleveland, Grover Cleveland, former Presidents, el Presidente, Venezuela, Anaconda Citgo and rainforests, tropical forests, Hawai'i, Hawai'i Volcanos National park, lava, pahoehoe and a'a, ai, ancient Middle Eastern city destroyed by Israel, Israel, Benjamin Disraeli, Dissing Israelis, West Bank, Wesbanco FDIC, my bank, bank boards,...it's official...I'm bored.

No comments: